What is Harvest Moon?
Welcome to the "What is Harvest Moon?" section on Harvest Moon Meadow. If you're a new comer to the Harvest Moon series, hopefully you'll find it useful or at least a bit interesting.
So what is this game series called Harvest Moon? Harvest Moon, or as it's known in Japan, Bokujō Monogatari, is a simulation game series where you acquire a farm and basically live out your life in a tiny village or town that's cut off from the rest of the world or at least any modern civilization.
Throughout the game in most cases you are given at least three years to prove yourself to the town that you can take care of the farm by doing manual labor every day. In most of the newer games there is no three year time limit.
The tasks in the game are pretty simple. In order to make money you must first spend some. So you'll want to make sure to go out and buy something useful like seeds or an animal that can produce something like milk or eggs. Throughout the seasons in order to be prosperous you will need to water your crops and harvest them when their ready, feed your animals and brush your animals, as well as befriend the villagers in the town within the given time frame (if there is one).
Along with raising your farm, you are also given the option of getting married to someone in the town simply by wooing them throughout the game by giving them gifts, escorting them to festivals and simply answering correctly to any questions they happen to ask you. If you manage to get someone to fall in love with you, you can then give them the traditional blue feather for your proposal. Once you're married you will eventually be able to have child and start raising your own family.
Basically as mentioned in the beginning the Harvest Moon gaming series is simply a life simulation game. The goal is to make friends, raise your farm up from the weeds, and do it all while managing your time wisely.
- Yasuhiro Wada is the father of Harvest Moon.
- Back in 1996 it produced by Victor Interactive Software. Nowadays however the Harvest Moon series is produced by Marvelous Entertainment and has been created by them since 2003.
- The English translations of the games are done by Natsume Inc. and Rising Star Games.
- The first Harvest Moon game was released on the SNES, in 1996.
- Currently the games have been released on the following platforms: SNES, GB,GBC, N64, PSX, GBA,PS2, GC, DS,PSP, and Wii.